EDI has partnered with fixed income evaluation specialist, Evaluated Data International, and is now able to provide Evaluated Pricing for almost the entire Canadian Fixed Income market
Canadian Fixed Income Securities
Located in Canada, Evaluated Data International uses proprietary Evaluated Pricing methodologies, based on the most recent market information, to compute Evaluated Prices for Canadian fixed income securities issued by:
- Canadian provinces
- Government agencies or crown corporations (e.g. CMHC, Hydro-Quebec)
Using a comprehensive database of terms and conditions, Evaluated Prices are computed for a large range of fixed income securities, including securities with the following characteristics:
- Floating Coupon Rate
- Fixed-Floating Coupon Rate
- Step-Up / Step-Down Coupon
- Strip (Principal Strip / Coupon Strip)
- Callable / Puttable
- Inflation-linked (“Real-Return Bonds”)
Robust and transparent pricing methodology
Multiple sources, including trading desks of major investment dealers and banks, are employed to gather market information on fixed income securities and this approach has several benefits:
- Experts lend great insight and keep us informed of the latest market developments
- Using many different sources gives us the ability to filter out source biases
- Technical factors affecting delivery of information from any one source can never affect our ability to deliver timely evaluated prices to our clients
Challenges are the process by which clients can verify the valuation of any security on a given date. We believe that this process is a great opportunity to explain our pricing methodology to our clients as well as an opportunity to improve our evaluated pricing process.
Clients are able to add new fixed income securities to their portfolio, at their convenience. New securities go through a rigorous research process in order to gather full knowledge of all terms and conditions and related market information before delivering an Evaluated Price inside a 48-hour window.
Want to know more?