|Job Title||Chief Revenue Officer|
|Role Type||Permanent - Office based|
|Dept and Location||Executive, East Coast, USA (New Jersey, Connecticut, New York)|
Information Publishing Limited (IPL) is a well-established market data vendor headquartered in London and servicing a range of clients globally across financial services through various brands and business divisions within the Group. North America in particular is an important market for the business. The main companies in IPL are EDI, FII and SQX. The company is achieving good growth both organically and through M&A and wants to create a new Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) role that will focus on incremental revenue generation. This is a senior role that will enable EDI to strengthen its executive team as it embarks on its next phase of scaling the company.
IPL provides a range of market and reference data that it collects through its global operations and focuses on quality and providing a wide range of coverage. As well as servicing institutional clients directly, it also distributes its content through channel partners and redistributors which is a significant part of the business.
The CRO will work closely with the CEO and executive team to develop a successful sales strategy and be responsible for sales and marketing globally. You will be comfortable being a key player in a small international team with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Reporting into the role will be our sales teams based in London and North America, as well as our London-based marketing team.
The CRO will also be responsible for monitoring market intelligence and the competitive landscape and will work closely with the CEO in identifying and progressing potential M&A targets.
• Lead sales globally working closely with our regional sales team leaders and business leaders in Europe and North America
• Full responsibility for net revenue growth from existing and new clients
• Provide consistent guidance and mentoring to the sales team in selling to existing and prospective clients in order to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded
• Establish structure and guidance to the team as it relates to best sales practices and improve internal processes and procedures
• Ensure the team is developing and maintaining a database (sales pipeline) of potential and existing clients
• Institute sales operations and a set of metrics and KPIs to measure sales activities and pipeline development
• Help to shape new product offerings that will be in line with market demand and requirements
• Develop & leverage senior strategic relationships with clients and channel partners. Understand where and with whom the decision-making and influencing power lies in our clients’ organizations
• Work collaboratively with colleagues across the company including product experts and support units to maximize internal & external collaboration across product/service offerings & ensure high levels of customer service & responsiveness
• Work with the CEO and executive team in the creation and implementation of a sales strategy to generate new business and in particular through the development of strategic relationships, better account penetration and improved sales effectiveness.
• Define and execute strategic account plans for key clients seeking to improve client relationships and the business generated
• Contribute to customer intelligence framework in order to enable better understanding of clients, their emerging needs and issues
• Deepen customer relationships through gathering, analyzing and sharing of insights and intelligence
• Be the go-to person within IPL to represent the client
• Drive the company’s marketing strategy with a focus on; thought leadership, brand awareness and perception, and sales and marketing campaigns to facilitate sales origination
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Successful track record of performance in sales leadership, improving sales effectiveness, sales operations and enablement and Go to Market planning
• Proven track record of commercial relationship management, with extensive existing senior executive contact base across a broad range of participants
• Sharp commercial & analytical mindset identifying opportunities and commercial risks ensuring that these are rapidly socialized internally
• Exceptional communication & presenting skills (clear & confident to maximize impact)
• Strong team orientation with a transparent and collaborative approach to building internal & external links and relationships
• Proactive & results orientated: impresses with speed of delivery and quality of response & inspires others with their enthusiasm
• Proven ability to persuade and negotiate effectively
• Highly self-motivated: ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative, tenacity and perseverance
• Strong time management and organisational skills. Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks efficiently is critical
• Ability to develop strong internal relations with key stakeholders
• Willing to travel within Europe and North America
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com