We are seeking a focused and enterprising individual to research the media landscape in Africa and produce a business plan for a new international media and publishing company operating on the continent.
We want to build a multi-media company that will address the lack of accurate and informed coverage of Africa, its fast-changing economic, political and cultural realities.
We are a team of journalists and business people with roots on the continent and experience of running media and data companies there.
The media status quo is distorting representations of Africa across the continent and internationally, it is frustrating tens of millions of talented people and diverting billions of dollars of capital from the sort of economic transformation seen in Asia over the past three decades.
To inform the development of this company we are looking for an energetic analyst and researcher to survey the media landscape in Africa with the aim of drawing up a credible and practical plan to develop the business and to bring in international investors.
The initial appointment would be for a three months research and business development assignment, including a month’s trial period. In the longer term, our plan would be to work with the successful candidate to develop a corporate development strategy, raise the required finance and build a management team.
Experience, Education & Skills
We are looking for graduate in economics or other social sciences, with proven experience of running research and data collection projects. The successful candidate will be highly numerate and commercially-oriented.
A post-graduate qualification such a Masters in Business Administration or similar would be a great advantage, as would an ability to speak, read and write French.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be:
An inquisitive and imaginative self-starter. You would have exceptional analytical abilities, have excellent social and networking skills. You would also be a perceptive interviewer. Much of the research will require detailed interviews with media business professionals, journalists, academics, investment companies and financial institutions.
Highly numerate and have knowledge of statistics, have experience wrangling small and large data sets to extract the required business and financial information. You would enjoy digging into the data to establish cause and effect, and helping others to understand its significance.
Interested and informed about the latest developments in digital media and tech companies, their editorial and business implications for Africa. You would be interested in developing partnerships with the new generation of innovators in these areas.
Willing to experiment and pioneer. We’ll provide and you’ll contribute to a supportive and collegial environment where we can try new things.
Able to present your analysis in a variety of formats and channels, visually, verbally and written in ways that would prove compelling to financial institutions and international investors.
You would be an African national with at least some business experience on the continent and a developing network of corporate and media contacts on the continent. The successful candidate must be willing to be based in the United Kingdom for the three months of the project’s duration and should have the right to remain in the United Kingdom for this period.
We would pay £2,500 for the trial period first month of the project. We would pay £3,500 for each of the two subsequent months. We would also offer some travel and accommodation expenses if the work demands them.
Reply to email@example.com
EDI is currently looking for a Client Support Analyst to join its UK based Client Support Team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing and responding to client queries related to EDI’s financial data products.
- Managing and responding to queries from internal EDI data groups
- Researching data sources and liaising with data providers globally to resolve client queries.
- Liaising with EDI internal IT and Operations support teams to ensure any issues are resolved quickly.
- Working on special projects within the support team on an ad hoc basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant experience or knowledge in financial markets.
- Good knowledge of Corporate Actions
- Have a clear sense of what excellent client support means and look likes.
- Be able to communicate clearly with clients and third party data providers by email and phone as appropriate.
- Experience with MS Office.
Responding to queries will require the successful applicant to research and cross check data from multiple sources. An attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a drive to provide timely, accurate support to clients queries is essential.
Although not essential, ability to read and write foreign languages would be an asset.
EDI provides support from 8am to 10.30pm from its London office and the successful applicant would be expected to be available to work shifts within those hours.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Client Support Research Analyst role please email Akash at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply now!
EDI's sister company CapitalTrack Ltd is currently looking for a Data Analyst.
Following training on the premises you will be working remotely as part of the data analytics team, you will be responsible for ensuring we fulfil our service level agreement with clients in a timely and efficient way.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily processing of data from defined sources including the Swiss, Munich and Berlin Stock Exchanges
- Manage data queries from clients in regards to in-house and external data sources.
- Support colleagues at busy periods
- Any other tasks as may be reasonably required.
Requirements for the Data Analyst:
- Previous experience of working in the data analytics field. Financial service (market data) experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent research and data sourcing and entry skills
- Strong communication skills with exceptional telephone manner
- Willingness to learn and use new tools and techniques
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel
- GCSE Maths & English or equivalent
- Polite and professional approach
- Provide cover for colleagues as required
This is a client-facing role where you will be expected to manage client queries over the telephone or via email. An attention to detail, strong organisational skills, proactive attitude and a drive to provide timely, accurate support to clients queries is essential.
The successful candidate would be expected to work on a rota system including bank holidays to ensure the efficient processing and sending of emails and other information is maintained.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Capital Track is based in Pewsey, Wiltshire and there is also a requirement to be resident in the local area to take up this position.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Data Analyst role then please email your cv and cover letter to Diana Skeete at email@example.com