ISO 9001 - Exchange Data International Limited
The Quality Policy
It is EDI's policy to maintain a quality management system designed to meet the requirements of ISO9001:2015 in pursuit of its primary objectives, the purpose and the context of the organisation.
Further, it is the policy of EDI to:
- strive to satisfy the requirements of all of our customers, stakeholder and interested parties whenever possible, meeting and exceeding their expectations;
- comply with all legal requirements, codes of practice and all other requirements applicable to our activities;
- the reduction of hazards, prevention of injury, ill health and pollution;
- provide all the resources of equipment, trained and competent staff and any other requirements to enable these objectives to be met;
- ensure that all employees are made aware of their individual obligations in respect of this quality policy;
- maintain a management system that will achieve these objectives and seek continual improvement in the effectiveness and performance of our management system based on "risk".
This quality policy provides a framework for setting, monitoring, reviewing and achieving our objectives, programmes and targets.
Customer service is an essential part of the quality process and to ensure this is fulfilled, all employees receive training to ensure awareness and understanding of quality and its impact on customers service.
To ensure the company maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, the quality system is regularly reviewed by "Top Management" to ensure it remains appropriate and suitable to our business. The QMS is subject to both internal and external annual audits.
Our quality objectives
We aim to provide a professional and ethical service to our clients. In order to demonstrate our intentions, our Management Team will analyse customer feedback data, internal performance data, internal performance data, financial performance data and business performance data to ensure that our Quality Objectives are being met.
We have identified the following Quality Objectives in accordance with SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timed).
- We will endeavour to deliver our services to specification, on time and to the price quoted. This includes satisfying our clients' requirements and getting things right the first time. Should we make a mistake, we will admit it and rectify the situation as quickly as possible.
This is measured by operating/delivery/financial stats, query stats and client feedback. Because we sell our products on an annual subscription basis, the KPI is 'do clients renew their subscriptions?' In the past few years, renewal rates have been >90%, and the vast bulk of non-renewals arise because they no longer require our data. The number of clients who fail to renew because of 'service issues' is minuscule.
- We will conduct our business in an ethical and professional manner.
This is measured and reinforced by the Directors having very high personal and business standards, and acting as rode models for all employees; the Directors also take and active, hands-on-role in all aspects of the business.
Whilst the above company objectives are "high-level", we have further analysed and categorised these into our Risk & Opportunities Matrix. In some cases, this may allow for specific objectives being set across different functions. This show how we measure and set targets in meeting these "high level" objectives.
We never forget that we have three key assets: our data, out technology and, most importantly, our people.