Quandl, a data platform which hosts financial and economic data from hundreds of different publishers, has also now integrated EDI’s Worldwide Corporate Actions Database to expand its offerings to existing and new clients.
London, 11 July 2016
– Together with Quandl, EDI is pleased to announce that clients of Quandl will now have access to EDI’s Worldwide Corporate Actions database.
Key Information about this database:
- More than 4.5 million records of corporate actions for over 300,000 securities from over 100,000 companies around the world.
- Covers over 150 exchanges and 60 different types of corporate actions, including dividends, bonus issues, right issues, mergers and buybacks of shares.
- Accompanied by database containing thorough reference information for securities.
- Also includes additional information about each corporate action, such as event type code, unique global event identifier and general notes.
- Updated daily
Jonathan Bloch, CEO of Exchange Data International commented “We are very pleased to be working with Quandl to make this data set available to their clients. Every day, EDI translates up to 36 languages and covers over 150 exchanges. Equity investors will now have the opportunity to purchase the data by exchange and country as and when they wish to monitor a particular security, exchange or country”.
Quandl helps data analysts save time, effort and money by delivering high-quality financial, economic, and alternative data in the precise format they need. Founded in 2012, the Quandl platform is used by over 100,000 people including thousands of analysts from the world’s top hedge funds, asset managers and investment banks. Professionals use Quandl for its rich suite of databases and unrivalled data consumption experience. Quandl is headquartered in Toronto. Learn more at www.quandl.com
, visit us at the Quandl blog
, or follow us on Twitter @quandl.
About Exchange Data International:
Exchange Data International helps the global financial and investment community make informed decisions through the provision of fast, accurate, timely and affordable data reference services. EDI’s extensive content database includes worldwide equity and fixed income corporate actions, dividends, static reference data, closing prices and shares outstanding, delivered via data feeds and the Internet. The firm covers all major markets with special emphasis on emerging and frontier markets e.g. Africa, Asia, Far East, Latin America and Middle East. EDI is based in London, with offices in New York, India and Morocco. For more information about EDI, please visit http://www.exchange-data.com.